- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix and paraffin embed specimen. Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained (3- to 5-micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (recommended but not required), (ARUP supply #47808 recommended but not required) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min. 5 slides) If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Paraffin block with no tumor tissue remaining. Specimens fixed in any fixative other than 10 percent neutral buffered formalin.
- Include surgical pathology report and indicate tissue site with the test order. For additional technical details, please contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2012915||PD-1 Tissue Source|
|2012916||PD-1 Client Block ID|