FDA-approved platform for primary HPV screening in women ≥25 years. FDA-approved test for routine cervical cancer screening in combination with cervical cytology (Pap smear) in women ≥30 years. Follow-up test for abnormal cytology results in women ≥21 years.
- Patient Preparation
- Cervical specimen with brush or spatula from ThinPrep kit and place in PreservCyt Media.
- Specimen Preparation
- Mix well. Transfer 3 mL to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min 1.5 mL). If test is being used for primary screening, submit specimen aliquot and retain the original specimen at the client site.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Bloody or dark brown specimens. Specimens in any media other than indicated above.
- Specimen source required.
- Ambient: 6 months; Refrigerated: 6 months; Frozen: Unacceptable
This test is intended for medical purposes only and is not valid for the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse or for other forensic purposes. HPV testing should not be used for screening or management of atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASCUS) in women under age 21.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2011935||HPV Genotype 16 by PCR||61372-9|
|2011936||HPV, Other High Risk by PCR||70061-7|
|2011941||HPV Genotype 18 by PCR||61373-7|
- HPV High Risk
- HPV HR ThinPrep
- HPV Primary screening
- Human papilloma virus