Use of FDA-cleared sample preservative (ie, ThinPrep) is recommended. Refer to Human Papillomavirus (HPV), High Risk with 16 and 18 Genotype by PCR, ThinPrep (2011940).
- Patient Preparation
- Cervical specimen with SurePath collection kit and place in SurePath media.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 3 mL to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min 1.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Bloody or dark brown specimens. Specimens in any media other than indicated above.
- Specimen source required.
- Ambient: 3 months; Refrigerated: 3 month; Frozen: Unacceptable
Sensitivity may be affected by specimen collection methods, stage of infection, and the presence of interfering substances. Results should be interpreted in conjunction with other available laboratory and clinical data. A negative HPV16 and/or HPV18 result does not exclude the presence of other high-risk HPV types, the possibility of future cytologic abnormalities, or underlying CIN2-3 or cancer.
This test is intended for medical purposes only and is not valid for the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse or for other forensic purposes. HPV testing should not be used for screening or management of atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASCUS) in women under age 21.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2011935||HPV Genotype 16 by PCR||61372-9|
|2011938||HPV Genotype 18 by PCR, SurePath||61373-7|
- HPV Genotype SurePath
- HPV Typing
- Human papilloma virus