FDA-approved test for routine cervical cancer screening in combination with cervical cytology (Pap smear) for women ≥30 years. Follow-up test for abnormal cytology results in women ≥21 years.
- Patient Preparation
- Cervical specimen with SurePath collection kit and place in SurePath media.
- Specimen Preparation
- Mix well. Transfer 3 mL to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min 1.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Bloody or dark brown specimens. Specimens in any media other than indicated above.
- Specimen source required.
- Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 6 months; Frozen: Unacceptable
This test is intended for medical purposes only and is not valid for the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse or for other forensic purposes. HPV testing should not be used for screening or management of atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASCUS) in women under age 21.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2011934||HPV Genotype 18 by PCR||61373-7|
|2011935||HPV Genotype 16 by PCR||61372-9|
|2011936||HPV, Other High Risk by PCR||70061-7|
- HPV 16 18
- HPV SurePath
- HPV Typing
- Human papilloma virus