- Patient Preparation
- Timing of specimen collection: Pre-dose (trough) draw - At steady state concentration.
- Plain red. Also acceptable: Lavender (K2or K3EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Whole blood. Gel separator tubes, light blue (citrate), or yellow (SPS or ACD solution).
- Submit With Order
Please indicate in the supplied fields:
1. Dose - List drug amount and include the units of measure
2. Route - List the route of administration (IV, oral, etc.)
3. Dose Frequency - Indicate how often the dose is administered (per day, per week, as needed, etc.)
4. Type of Draw - Indicate the type of blood draw (Peak, Trough, Random, etc.)
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 5 days; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 2 months
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|Ethosuximide||Therapeutic: 40-100 µg/mL|
Toxic: > 150 µg/mL
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2011498||Ethosuximide Dose Frequency|
|2011500||Ethosuximide Type of Draw|