- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA). Collect in a pre-chilled tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells ASAP. Transfer 1.8 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 0.6 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Additional specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Thawed specimens. Grossly icteric or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 8 hours; Frozen: 1 month
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0098192||Somatostatin Quant, Plasma|