Useful as a supplemental assay for repeatedly reactive third- or fourth-generation HIV screen tests, when following the CDC Proposed HIV Diagnostic Algorithm. This test cannot be used as a rapid screen nor as a follow-up for a positive rapid screen.
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: lavender (EDTA), or pink (K2EDTA)
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma into an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Remove particulate material.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens containing particulate material. Severely hemolyzed or heat-inactivated specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Indefinitely (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
||HIV-1 Antibody by Multispot
||HIV-2 Antibody by Multispot
This test should not be used for blood donor screening, associated re-entry protocols, or for screening Human Cell, Tissues and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products (HCT/P).
For use only when patient has a repeatedly reactive third or fourth generation HIV screen test result. This test is for use as the antibody differentiation test in the specific multi-test algorithm proposed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and adopted by Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) outlined here (refer to http://www.arupconsult.com/Algorithms/NewCDC_HIV_Alg.pdf). It is not to be ordered as a rapid screen test and cannot be used as a supplemental test if the initial screen test was a rapid test.
This test discriminates between HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibodies. Results for each type are reported. A recommendation to order further testing on a separate specimen for HIV-1 Nucleic Acid will be made for certain results.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2007982||HIV-1/HIV-2 Antibody Differentiation|
|2007984||_HIV-1 Antibody by Multispot|
|2007985||_HIV-2 Antibody by Multispot|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Combo Antigen/Antibody (HIV-1/O/2) by ELISA, with Reflex to HIV-1