- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: lavender (EDTA), or pink (K2EDTA)
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma into an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Remove particulate material.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens containing particulate material. Severely hemolyzed or heat-inactivated specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Indefinitely (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Available Separately||Components||Reference Interval|
|No||HIV-1 Antibody by Multispot||Negative|
|No||HIV-2 Antibody by Multispot||Negative|
This test discriminates between HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibodies. Results for each type are reported. A recommendation to order further testing on a separate specimen for HIV-1 Nucleic Acid will be made for certain results.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2007982||HIV-1/HIV-2 Antibody Differentiation|
|2007984||_HIV-1 Antibody by Multispot|
|2007985||_HIV-2 Antibody by Multispot|
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Combo Antigen/Antibody (HIV-1/O/2) by ELISA, with Reflex to HIV-1