Screening test for Voltage-Gated Potassium Channel (VGKC) antibody receptor complex-associated autoantibodies which reflexes to CASPR2 and LGI1 antibodies individually. Antibodies are associated with acquired neuromyotonia, limbic encephalitis, painful neuropathy, Morvan syndrome, and rare tumors (eg, thymoma, small-cell lung cancer).
Quantitative Radioimmunoassay/Semi-Quantitative Indirect Fluorescent Antibody
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells within 1 hour. Transfer 4 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Severely lipemic or icteric specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Less than 72 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 month (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|2004890||Voltage-Gated Potassium Channel (VGKC) Antibody
||Effective April 18, 2011
||31 pmol/L or less
||88 pmol/L or greater
|2009456||Leucine-Rich, Glioma-Inactivated Protein 1 Antibody, IgG with Reflex to Titer
||Less than 1:10
|2009452||Contactin-Associated Protein-2 Antibody, IgG with Reflex to Titer
||Less than 1:10
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
If VGKC is Indeterminate or Positive, LGI1 Antibody IgG and CASPR2 Antibody IgG will be added. If LGI1 antibody IgG is positive, then LGI1 antibody IgG titer will be added. If CASPR2 antibody IgG is positive, then CASPR2 antibody IgG titer will be added. Additional charges apply.
83519; if reflexed add 86255 x2; if reflexed add 86256 per titer
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2004890||Voltage-Gated Potassium Channel (VGKC)Ab|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.