Screening test for Voltage-Gated Potassium Channel (VGKC) antibody receptor complex-associated autoantibodies; test reflexes to CASPR2 and LGI1 antibodies individually. Antibodies are associated with acquired neuromyotonia, limbic encephalitis, painful neuropathy, Morvan syndrome, and rare tumors (eg, thymoma, small-cell lung cancer).
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells within 1 hour. Transfer 4 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Severely lipemic or icteric specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Less than 72 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 month (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|2004890||Voltage-Gated Potassium Channel (VGKC) Antibody|
|2009456||Leucine-Rich, Glioma-Inactivated Protein 1 Antibody, IgG with Reflex to Titer||Less than 1:10|
|2009452||Contactin-Associated Protein-2 Antibody, IgG with Reflex to Titer||Less than 1:10|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2004890||Voltage-Gated Potassium Channel (VGKC)Ab||41871-5|