• Leucine-rich Glioma Inactivated 1 Protein (LGI1) Antibody disorders associated with limbic encephalitis, hyponatremia, myoclonic movements. Disorders are rarely associated with tumors.
• Contactin Associated Protein 2 (CASPR2) Antibody disorders associated with acquired neuromyotonia, limbic encephalitis, painful neuropathy, and Morvan syndrome.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- CSF or plasma. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2009453||CASPR2 Ab IgG Screen by IFA|
|2009457||LGI1 Ab IgG Screen by IFA|