Aid in diagnosis of
• Leucine-rich glioma inactivated 1 protein (LGI1) antibody disorders associated with limbic encephalitis, hyponatremia, and myoclonic movements. Disorders are rarely associated with tumors.
• Contactin associated protein 2 (CASPR2) antibody disorders associated with acquired neuromyotonia, limbic encephalitis, painful neuropathy, and Morvan syndrome.
Use to manage antibody-positive (LGI1 or CASPR2) individual following immunotherapy and/or plasmapheresis.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- CSF or plasma. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|2009456||Leucine-Rich, Glioma-Inactivated Protein 1 Antibody, IgG with Reflex to Titer||Less than 1:10|
|2009452||Contactin-Associated Protein-2 Antibody, IgG with Reflex to Titer||Less than 1:10|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2009453||CASPR2 Ab IgG Screen by IFA|
|2009457||LGI1 Ab IgG Screen by IFA|