May be useful as an independent risk marker for thrombosis associated with APS and related diseases. Consider using when all criteria aPL antibody tests are negative; positive results should be reported to document persistence.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Blue (sodium citrate).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 0.5 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Other body fluids. Contaminated, hemolyzed, grossly icteric, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2009448||Phosphatidylserine and Prothrombin IgG|