Marker of nephritis/prediction of glomerular nephritis.
Qualitative Immunofixation Electrophoresis
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow blood to clot for 20 to 60 minutes. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 0.25 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Thawed specimens.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable: Frozen: 1 year
Test is not a quantitative measurement of antibody quality, but a qualitative measure of its activity in causing C3 conversion.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2009381||Complement C3 Nephritic Factor|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performed at National Jewish