Useful when chromosome and array tests would otherwise have been ordered concurrently. Assay may identify cytogenetically visible rearrangements and provide information regarding mechanism of gains and losses.
Genomic Microarray (Oligo-SNP Array)/Giemsa band
10-14 days (Results requiring the completion of FISH testing may exceed the standard TAT)
Specimens from New York clients will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory, if possible.
- Patient Preparation
- Green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Clotted specimens. Grossly hemolyzed.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Refer to report.
Counseling and informed consent are recommended for genetic testing. Consent forms are available online at www.aruplab.com.
See Compliance Statement C: www.aruplab.com/CS
This test must be ordered using a Cytogenetic test request form 43097 or through your ARUP interface. Please submit the Patient History Form - Chromosome Studies with the Electronic Packing List. The form is available at http://www.aruplab.com/patienthistory.
88230, 88261, 88291, 81229
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2010051||Microarray + 5 Cell Chromo Study, Blood|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.