• Useful in distinguishing lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma (LPL) from other low-grade B-cell lymphoproliferative disorders which may be in the differential diagnosis.
• Use when monitoring patients with LPL diagnosis and previously identified MYD88 L265P mutation.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) OR bone marrow (EDTA) OR tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Whole Blood: Transport 5 mL (Min: 1 mL)
Bone marrow: Transport 3 mL (Min: 1 mL)
FFPE tumor tissue: Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport tissue in a tissue transport kit (ARUP Supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Whole blood OR Bone marrow: Refrigerated.
FFPE tumor tissue: Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum or plasma. Specimens collected in anticoagulants other than EDTA. Clotted or severely hemolyzed specimens.
FFPE tumor tissue: Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5) or tissue sections on slides. Decalcified specimens.
- Whole blood OR Bone marrow: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
FFPE tumor tissue: Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2009320||MYD88 L265P Detection, Result|
|2009321||MYD88 L265P Detection, Quant|
- Lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma
- Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia