Determine in-vitro susceptibility to antifungal agents for fungal organisms. Refer to NOTE section below for list of antimicrobial agents available for testing.
- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing isolate in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on agar slant. Place each specimen in individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms.
- Isolate identification and specimen source required.
- Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Unacceptable
MICs (minimum inhibitory concentrations) interpretations are based on current CLSI guidelines.
MECs (minimum effective concentration) without interpretation are reported for select mould species only.
Susceptibility testing for dermatophytes and dimorphic fungi is not performed at ARUP. If requested, isolates will be sent to the Fungus Testing Laboratory, San Antonio, TX. Specify agents to be tested on the susceptibility test requisition form.
Testing is not performed on isolates from environmental sources.
An additional processing fee will be billed for all organisms not submitted in pure culture, as indicated in the specimen requirements.
If species identification is not provided, identification will be performed at ARUP. Additional charges apply.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2009257||Susceptibility, Fungal (Yeasts & Molds)|