Direct Fluorescent Antibody Stain/Qualitative Polymerase Chain Reaction
Specimens from New York clients will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory, if possible.
- Patient Preparation
- Respiratory specimen: Bronchial washing, bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL), or induced sputum.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 5 mL respiratory specimen to a sterile container. (Min: 1 mL) Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Tissues. Formalinized specimens. Slides or swabs.
- Specimen source required.
- Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
If Pneumocystis jirovecii DFA is negative, then Pneumocystis jirovecii by PCR testing will be added. Additional charges apply.
87281, if reflexed add 87798
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2009227||Pneumocystis jirovecii DFA w/Rflx PCR|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.