- Patient Preparation
- Specimens must be collected and shipped Monday through Wednesday only and not the day before a holiday.
- Lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 20 mL maternal whole blood to ARUP Standard Transport Tubes. (Min: 16 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Multiple fetuses.
- Mother must have Rh-negative blood type and be at least 12 weeks gestation. Gestational age at time of collection is required for testing.
- Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2009078||RhD Genotyping, Fetal|
Performed at Sequenom