Determines fetal RHD genotype to assess risk for alloimmune hemolytic disease of the newborn. RHD genotyping is appropriate only when the mother is Rh-negative and the father is heterozygous for RHD or is unavailable for testing. Useful after 10 weeks of gestation.
- Patient Preparation
- Whole blood in two cell-free DNA BCT tubes (ARUP Supply #52543) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 20 mL maternal whole blood. (Min: 16 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Multiple fetuses.
- Mother must have Rh-negative blood type and be greater than 10 weeks gestation. Gestational age at time of collection is required for testing.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2009078||RhD Genotyping, Fetal|
Performed at Sequenom