- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 13 unstained 5- micron slides (8 on positively charged slides AND 5 on uncharged slides). (Min: 9 slides: 5 positively charged AND 4 uncharged). Tissue block will be returned after testing. Transport block and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Less than 25 percent tumor. Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer®) or heavy metal fixatives. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0040249||KRAS Mutation Detection||21702-6|
|2002442||EGFR by Pyrosequencing||21665-5|
|2007325||ALK(D5F3) by IHC Reference Number||57723-9|
|2007326||ALK(D5F3) by IHC Pct of Tumor Staining|
|2007327||ALK(D5F3) by IHC Result||35474-6|
|2008415||ROS1 by IHC Result|
|2008417||ROS1 Client Block ID|