- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Transport tissue block or 6 unstained 5 micron slides. (Min: 3 slides) Protect paraffin block from excessive heat. Transport block(s) and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen speicmens. Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). No tumor in tissue. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|EGFR by FISH||Nonamplified: LSI EGFR:CEP7 Less than 2.0|
Amplified: LSI EGFR:CEP7 Greater than or equal to 2.0
|EGFR per Cells Counted||By report|
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0049242||EGFR by FISH|
- EGFR (Her-1)
- EGFR amplification by FISH
- EGFR FISH
- Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor