Use to diagnose oligodendrogliomas; indicated in both low-grade and high-grade (anaplastic) oligodendrogliomas. Predict response to therapy in oligodendrogliomas.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect paraffin block from excessive heat. Transport block or 6 unstained (4 micron thick sections) positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787 (kit recommended but not necessary). (Min 3 slides)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). No tumor in tissue. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2008520||1p19q by FISH||42634-6|
- 1p deletion FISH
- 1p,1q codeletion FISH
- 1p/19q Deletion
- 1p/19q Deletion in Gliomas, FISH, Tissue
- 1p/19q deletion in Oligodendroglioma
- 1p/19q FISH
- 1p/19q in oligodendrogliomas
- 1q deletion FISH
- Chromosome Analysis by FISH for 1p/19q Deletion in Gliomas
- FISH for 1p/19q Deletion in Gliomas
- LOH (Loss of Heterozygosity) 1p/19q in Gliomas
- Loss of Heterozygosity (LOH) 1p/19q in Gliomas