ERBB2 (HER2/neu) Gene Amplification by FISH, Tissue
Fluorescence in situ Hybridization
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paeaffin embed tissue. Transport tissue block or 6 unstained 5 micron slides. (Min: 3 slides) Protect paraffin block from excessive heat. Transport blcok(s) and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) ot heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). No tumor in tissue. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
Refer to report. ARUP uses the most recent ASCO/CAP interpretation criteria for evaluating ERBB2 (HER2) status.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0049241||ERBB2 (HER2) by FISH|
- Her-2/neu Gene Amplification or Overexpression (ERBB2 (HER-2/neu) Gene Amplification by FISH)
- HER2 (ERBB2 (HER-2/neu) Gene Amplication by FISH)