Determine eligibility for tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) (eg, crizotinib) therapy, primarily in individuals with pulmonary adenocarcinomas.
Reflexed: Add 5-8 days
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Transport tissue block or 6 unstained (3- to 5-micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800)522-2787. (Min: 6 slides) If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Paraffin block with no tumor tissue remaining. Specimens fixed in any other fixative other than 10 percent neutral buffered formalin. Cytology specimens fixed in alcohol. Decalcified specimens.
- Include pathology report. IMMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY ORDERING AND SUBMISSION DETAILS: Submit electronic request. If you do not have electronic ordering capability, use an ARUP Immunohistochemistry form (#32978) with an ARUP client number. For additional technical details, please contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2008415||ROS1 by IHC Result|
|2008417||ROS1 Client Block ID|
- ROS1 IHC
- ROS1 IHC with Interpretation
- ROS1 immunostaining