Diagnose and monitor T-cell lymphoproliferative disorders. Preferred test to monitor minimal residual disease (MRD).
- Patient Preparation
- Whole blood: Lavender (EDTA). OR Bone marrow: EDTA. OR Tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Whole blood: Transport 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 1 mL)
OR Bone marrow: Transport 3 mL bone marrow. (Min: 1 mL)
OR Fresh tissue: Freeze immediately. Transport 100 mg or 0.5-2.0 cm3 tissue.
OR FFPE tumor tissue: Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or four 10-micron shavings. Tissue block will be returned after testing. Transport tissue (frozen or paraffin) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Whole blood OR Bone marrow: Refrigerated.
Fresh tissue: Frozen on dry ice.
FFPE tumor tissue: Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum. Frozen whole blood or bone marrow. Clotted or grossly hemolyzed specimens. Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5) or tissue sections on slides. Decalcified specimens.
- Whole blood OR Bone marrow: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
Fresh Tissue: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 2 hours; Frozen: 1 year
FFPE tumor tissue: Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2008410||T-Cell Clonality Specimen Source||31208-2|
|2008411||T-Cell Clonality Interpretation||21753-9|
- T Cell Gamma
- T Cell Gene Rearrangement
- T-cell receptor gamma rearrangement
- T-Cell Receptor Gene Rearrangement
- tcell clonality
- Tcell next gen