•Follow-up test for abnormal cytology results in women ≥21 years.
Other ThinPrep testing options include hrHPV by TMA (2007893), hrHPV by PCR (2011947), and hrHPV 16 & 18 by TMA (2011940).
- Patient Preparation
- Females should avoid high concentrations of antifungal cream, contraceptive jelly, or douche at time of collection.
- Cervical Brush in ThinPrep transport media.
- Specimen Preparation
- Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag. (Min: 4 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens in any transport media other than indicated above. For specimens in SurePath transport media, refer to ARUP test code 0060744. For cervical brush specimens in Digene transport media, refer to ARUP test code 0065999. For ThinPrep specimens of less than 4 mL, refer to ARUP test code 2007893.
- Specimen source required.
- Ambient: 3 months; Refrigerated: 3 months; Frozen: Unacceptable
This test is intended for medical purposes only and is not valid for the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse or for other forensic purposes.
HPV testing should not be used for screening or management of atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASCUS) in women under age 21.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2008405||HPV High Risk, Hybrid Capture, ThinPrep||30167-1|
- HPV HR ThinPrep
- HPV RNA, High Risk, E6/E7, TMA (Human Papillomavirus (HPV) DNA Probe, High Risk (ThinPrep)