Qualitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay/Qualitative Immunoassay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Green (sodium or lithium heparin), lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), red (clot activator), or plasma separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum into an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Remove particulate material.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens containing particulate material. Severely hemolyzed or heat-inactivated specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Indefinitely (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Effective April 7, 2014
| ||HIV 1,2 Combo Antigen/Antibody||Negative
|2009464||Human Immunodeficiency Virus Types 1 and 2 (HIV-1/HIV-2) Antibody Differentiation by Multispot (Supplemental Use Only)
||HIV-1 Antibody by Multispot
||HIV-2 Antibody by Multispot
This test should not be used for blood donor screening, associated re-entry protocols, or for screening Human Cell, Tissues and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products (HCT/P).
The fourth-generation ELISA screen test is for the simultaneous qualitative detection of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) p24 antigen and antibodies to HIV Type 1 (HIV-1 groups M and O) and HIV Type 2 (HIV-2). Results of the screen cannot be used to distinguish between the presence of HIV-1 p24 antigen, HIV-1 antibody, or HIV-2 antibody.
The reflexed HIV-1/ HIV-2 Antibody Differentiation test discriminates between HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibodies. Results for each type are reported.
If the HIV-1,2 Combo Antigen/Antibody screen is repeatedly reactive, then the HIV-1/ HIV-2 Antibody Differentiation test will be performed. Additional charges apply. A recommendation to order further testing on a separate specimen for HIV-1 Nucleic Acid will be made for certain results. This multi-test algorithm was proposed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and adopted by the Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) for the diagnosis of HIV.
87389; if reflexed, add 86701 and 86702
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2007981||HIV 1,2 Combo Antigen/Antibody|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- 4th generation, Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Combo Antigen/Antibody
- Fourth generation HIV
- HIV 1,2 Combo Antigen/Antibody
- HIV Diagnosis
- HIV Multispot
- HIV-1 & 2 Antibody Differentiation
- HIV-1 Antibody by Multispot
- HIV-1,2 Combo Antigen/Antibody
- HIV-2 Antibody by Multispot