- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Green (sodium or lithium heparin), lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), red (clot activator), or plasma separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum into an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Remove particulate material.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens containing particulate material. Severely hemolyzed or heat-inactivated specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Indefinitely (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|HIV 1,2 Combo Antigen/Antibody||Negative|
|2009464||Human Immunodeficiency Virus Types 1 and 2 (HIV-1/HIV-2) Antibody Differentiation by Multispot (Supplemental Use Only) INACTIVE as of 01/04/16: Refer to November 2015 Hot Line for Replacement Test: 2012669, ACTIVE 11/16/15)|| |
The reflexed HIV-1/ HIV-2 Antibody Differentiation test discriminates between HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibodies. Results for each type are reported.
If the HIV-1,2 Combo Antigen/Antibody screen is repeatedly reactive, then the HIV-1/ HIV-2 Antibody Differentiation test will be performed. Additional charges apply. A recommendation to order further testing on a separate specimen for HIV-1 Nucleic Acid will be made for certain results. This multi-test algorithm was proposed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and adopted by the Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) for the diagnosis of HIV.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2007981||HIV 1,2 Combo Antigen/Antibody||56888-1|
- 4th generation, Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Combo Antigen/Antibody
- Fourth generation HIV
- HIV 1,2 Combo Antigen/Antibody
- HIV Diagnosis
- HIV Multispot
- HIV-1 & 2 Antibody Differentiation
- HIV-1 Antibody by Multispot
- HIV-1,2 Combo Antigen/Antibody
- HIV-2 Antibody by Multispot