- Patient Preparation
- Pre-dose (trough) draw - At steady state concentration.
- Plain red. Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Gel separator tubes, light blue (citrate), or yellow (SPS or ACD solution).
- Submit With Order
Please indicate in the supplied fields:
1. Dose - List drug amount and include the units of measure
2. Route - List the route of administration (IV, oral, etc.)
3. Dose Frequency - Indicate how often the dose is administered (per day, per week, as needed, etc.)
4. Type of Draw - Indicate the type of blood draw (Peak, Trough, Random, etc.)
- Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 2 weeks
|Therapeutic Range||Not well established|
|Total (Aripiprazole and Dehydroaripiprazole)||150-500 ng/mL|
|Toxic range||Not well established|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2007948||Total Aripiprazole and Metabolite S/P|
|2011433||Aripiprazole Dose Frequency|
|2011435||Aripiprazole Type of Draw|