Generally not recommended for routine evaluation of thyroid disorders, although may be considered in pregnant women.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow serum specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within two hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Grossly hemolyzed specimens
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 3 months
|0 -17 years||Not established|
|18 years and older||9.0 - 27.0 ng/dl|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2007919||Triiodothyronine, Reverse - LC-MS/MS||3052-8|
- Reverse T3
- Reverse T3, Serum
- Reverse Triiodothyronine