Generally not recommended for routine evaluation of thyroid disorders, although may be considered in pregnant women.
Quantitative Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow serum specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within two hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Grossly hemolyzed specimens
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 3 months
|0 -17 years
|18 years and older
||9.0 - 27.0 ng/dl
| || |
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2007919||Triiodothyronine, Reverse - LC-MS/MS|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reverse T3
- Reverse T3, Serum
- Reverse Triiodothyronine