- Patient Preparation
- Females should avoid high concentrations of antifungal cream or contraceptive jelly, and should not douche prior to time of collection.
- Cervical brush in ThinPrep transport media or APTIMA transport media.
- Specimen Preparation
- Vortex Pap Test media and transfer a 1 mL aliquot to APTIMA Combo 2 transport media (ARUP supply #42711) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens in any transport media other than indicated above.
- Specimen source required.
- ThinPrep media: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 2 years
APTIMA media: Ambient: 2 months; Refrigerated: 2 months; Frozen: 2 years
This test is intended for medical purposes only and is not valid for the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse or for other forensic purposes. HPV testing should not be used for screening or management of atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASCUS) in women under age 21.
If Human Papillomavirus (HPV), High Risk is positive, then HPV genotypes 16, 18/45 will be added. Additional charges apply.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2007891||HPV, High Risk by TMA|