Qualitative Polymerase Chain Reaction
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 1 mL whole blood. (Min: 0.6 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 week
A negative result does not rule out the presence of PCR inhibitors in the patient specimen or test-specific nucleic acid in concentrations below the level of detection by this test.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
This test detects and speciates Anaplasma phagocytophilum; Ehrlichia chaffeensis; E. ewingii/E. canis; E. muris-like. The nucleic acid detected from E. ewingii and E. canis cannot be differentiated by this test. A result of "Detected" for E. ewingii/canis indicates the presence of either of these two organisms in the specimen.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2007863||Anaplasma phagocytophilum by PCR|
|2007865||Ehrlichia chaffeensis by PCR|
|2007867||Ehrlichia ewingii/canis by PCR|
|2007869||Ehrlichia muris-like by PCR|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.