Evaluate the cause of an isolated prolonged PTT in a patient who is not currently bleeding.
- Patient Preparation
- Do not draw from an arm with a heparin lock or heparinized catheter.
- Light Blue (Sodium Citrate).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: 4 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: at -20°C: 2 weeks; Frozen at -70°C: 1 year
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2007579||High Molecular Weight Kininogen (HMWK)||52754-9|
- Fitzgerald Factor
Performed at LabCorp