May be useful in the evaluation of past exposure to arsenic in situations where concern over exposure is high, but urine results are negative. For acute or chronic exposure, Arsenic, Urine with Reflex to Fractionated (0025000
) is preferred.
Quantitative Inductively Coupled Plasma/Mass Spectrometry
Specimens from New York clients will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory, if possible.
- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 500 mg nails to an ARUP Trace Element-Free Transport Tube (ARUP supply #43116) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 500 mg)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: Undetermined Refrigerated: Undetermined Frozen: Undetermined
Exposure Monitoring/Investigation; Not for clinical diagnostic purposes.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
Performed at National Medical Services (NMS)