ERBB2 (HER2) (HercepTest)™ by Immunohistochemistry
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Tissue or cells.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed specimen (cells must be prepared into a cellblock). Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained (3- to 5- micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800)522-2787. (Min: 2 slides) If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens submitted with non-representative tissue type. Depleted specimens.
- IMMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY ORDERING AND SUBMISSION DETAILS: Submit electronic request. If you do not have electronic ordering capability, use an ARUP Immunohistochemistry Stain Form (#32978) with an ARUP client number. For additional technical details, please contact ARUP Client Services at (800)522-2787.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
This test code is handled as "Stain and Return." For stain with interpretation, refer to ERBB2 (HER2/neu) (HercepTest) with Interpretation by Immunohistochemistry, Tissue (ARUP test code 0049174). To request a consultation, submit the pathology report, all associated case materials (clinical history, blocks, slides, etc.) with the Anatomic Pathology requisition form (form #32960) in place of the Immunohistochemistry form.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2007333||ERBB2 (HercepTest) IHC Reference Number|
|2007334||ERBB2 (HercepTest) IHC Result|