Useful as a reasonable indicator of recent, active exposure and provides a modest indicator for distinguishing exposed from non-exposed individuals. May be useful in long-term, low-dose manganese exposure. Whole blood measurements (0099272
) are recommended for monitoring potential accumulation with TPN.
Quantitative Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry
Specimens from New York clients will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory, if possible.
- Patient Preparation
- Royal blue (Trace metal-free EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 1 mL RBCs in the original collection tube. (Min: 0.4 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
Performed at National Medical Services (NMS)