Use in conjunction with histologic and clinical information for the diagnosis of round cell/myxoid liposarcoma.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect paraffin block from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained (4-micron thick sections) positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787 (kit recommended but not required). (Min 2 slides).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). No tumor in tissue. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0049378||DDIT3 (CHOP) by FISH|
- CHOP break apart FISH
- CHOP rearrangement FISH
- DDIT3 break-apart FISH
- DDIT3 FISH probe
- DDIT3 rearrangement FISH
- t(12;16) translocation by FISH
- t(12;22)translocation by FISH