Quantitative ImmunoCAP Fluorescent Enzyme Immunoassay
Specimens from New York clients will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory, if possible.
- Patient Preparation
- Multiple patient encounters should be avoided
- Serum separator tube (SST). Multiple specimen tubes should be avoided
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed, icteric, or lipemic specimens
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
Test methodology uses solid-phase immunoassays against the whole peanut allergen (f13) and 5 antigenic epitopes (Ara h1, Ara h2, Ara h3, Ara h8, and Ara h9) and measures IgE antibody concentrations in patient serum or plasma. The binding of a specific IgE to an immobilized allergen component is detected by the addition of a secondary fluorescence-labeled anti-human IgE antibody. This test has a cutoff of 0.1 KU/L.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2007212||Allergen, Peanut Cmpnts (uKnow) IgE|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- Peanut Component Package
- Peanut molecular allergy
- Peanut Test
- uKnow Peanut
Performed at Phadia Immunology Reference Laboratory (PiRL)