- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed specimen. Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained (3-5 micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800)522-2787.(Min. 3 slides). If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Paraffin block with no tumor tissue remaining. Specimens fixed in B-5 or Bouin's fixative.
- This test code includes pathologist interpretation. Include surgical pathology report. IMMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY ORDERING AND SUBMISSION DETAILS: Submit electronic request. If you do
not have electronic ordering capability, use an ARUP Immunohistochemistry Stain Form (#32978) with an ARUP client number. For additional technical details, please contact ARUP Client Services at
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2007186||Ki-67 Reference Number|
|2007187||KI-67 Percent of Tumor Staining|
- Ki-67 IHC
- Ki-67 immunostaining
- MIB-1 IHC with interpretation
- MIB-1 immunostaining