Granzyme B by Immunohistochemistry
New York DOH Approval Status
This test will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory.
- Patient Preparation
- Tissue or cells.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed specimen (cells must be prepared into a cellblock). Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained (3- to 5-micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800)522-2787. (Min. 2 slides) If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens submitted with non-representative tissue type. Depleted specimens.
- IMMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY ORDERING AND SUBMISSION DETAILS: Submit electronic request. If you do not have electronic ordering capability, use an ARUP Immunohistochemistry Stain Form (#32978) with an ARUP client number. For additional technical details, please contact ARUP Client Services at (800)522-2787.
- Ambient: Indefinite; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
All stains will be handled as "Stain and Return" unless a consultation is requested. To request a consultation, submit the pathology report, all associated case materials (clinical history, blocks, slides, etc.), and the Anatomic Pathology requisition form (#32960) in place of the Immunohistochemistry Stain form.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2007174||Granzyme B IHC Reference Number|
|2007175||Granzyme B IHC Result|