- Patient Preparation
- Non-diluted bone marrow aspirate. Collect in a heparinized syringe
- Specimen Preparation
- Do not freeze or expose to extreme temperatures. Transfer 3 mL bone marrow to a green (sodium heparin). (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Clotted specimens
- Submit the Patient History for Cytogenetic (Chromosome) Studies with the electronic packing list (available at http://www.aruplab.com/genetics/forms.php).
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
A processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled at the client's request, after the test has been set up, or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow culture growth.
If Chromosome Analysis is "normal" or "no growth," then Genomic Microarray testing will be added. Additional charges apply.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0097605||Chromosome Analysis, Bone Marrow||50659-2|
|2009470||EER Chrom Analysis BM w/Rflx to Array|
- Bone marrow karyotype
- Cytogenomic SNP Microarray - Oncology
- genomic microarray