- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Transport tissue block or 6 unstained 5-micron slides. (Min: 3 slides) Protect paraffin block from excessive heat. Transport block(s) and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). No tumor in tissue. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Nonamplified:||FGFR2/CEN10: Less than 2.0|
|Amplified:||FGFR2/CEN10: greater than or equal to 2.0|
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2007105||FGFR2 by FISH|
- FGFR FISH