- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells. Transfer 4 mL plasma to a sterile container. (Min: 2.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum. Heparinized specimens.
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 1 year
A negative result (less than 2.6 log copies/mL [less than 390 copies/mL] OR less than 2.4 log IU/mL [less than 227 IU/mL]) does not rule out the presence of PCR inhibitors in the patient specimen or CMV DNA concentrations below the level of detection of the test. Inhibition may also lead to underestimation of viral quantitation.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051814||Cytomegalovirus Quant by PCR, Interp||40444-2|
|0051815||Cytomegalovirus Quant by PCR, Log Cpy/mL||54206-8|
|2002316||Cytomegalovirus Quant by PCR, Cpy/mL||30247-1|
|2006534||Cytomegalovirus Quant by PCR, IU/mL||72493-0|
|2006535||Cytomegalovirus Quant by PCR, Log IU/mL||72494-8|
- CMV genotype
- CMV Quant PCR Drug Resistance Reflex
- CMV quantitative
- CMV reflex
- Human herpesvirus 5
- Viral load monitoring