Do not order prior to molecular confirmation of positive hepatitis C virus (HCV) screen. Order before initiating HCV therapy to aid in prognosis and therapy selection when a higher level of subtype resolution is required (ie, non 6a/b vs. type 1 and type 1a vs. 1b).
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), plasma preparation tube, or serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells within 6 hours. Transfer 2 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens.
- Please submit most recent viral load and test date if available.
- On cells: Ambient: 6 hours. After separation from cells: Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 4 months
Isolates of hepatitis C virus are grouped into six major genotypes (1-6). These genotypes are subtyped according to sequence characteristics. Sequencing both the Core and NS5B regions allows for subtyping of all confirmed and most provisional genotypes, including differentiation of 1a from 1b and typing of genotype 6.
This test is performed pursuant to a license agreement with Roche Molecular Systems, Inc.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2006899||Hepatitis C High-Res Genotype by Seq||32286-7|
- HCV Genotyping
- HCV Core and NS5B Sequencing
- HCV Core Sequencing
- HCV Genotype
- HCV NS5B Sequencing
- HCV prognosis
- HCV Sequencing
- HCV, Subtype (Hepatitis C Virus Genotyping)