Qualitative Extraction/Scanning Spectrofluorometry/Quantitative High Performance Liquid Chromatography
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Patient should abstain from alcohol for 24 hours prior to collection.
- Green (sodium heparin). Also acceptable: lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Protect from light. Transfer 3 mL plasma to an ARUP Amber Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Separator tubes. Specimens not protected from light. Thawed specimens.
- Include a current list of patient medications.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 1 week
If total porphyrins are greater than 1.0 then fractionation will be performed. Additional charges apply
84311; if reflexed, add 82492
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0092011||Porphyrins Total, Plasma|
|2006594||Porphyins Total - Review|
|2006595||Porphyrins Total - Interpretation|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- Congenital Erythropoietic Porphyria (CEP)
- Coproporphyrin, EPP
- Erythropoietic Protophyria (EPP)
- Protoporphyrin, Uroporphyrin