Recommended test for quantifying thyroglobulin in individuals with antithyroglobulin antibodies. Aids in surveillance of residual/recurrent thyroid cancer in individuals who have developed antibodies to thyroglobulin.
High Performance Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube or green (sodium or lithium heparin), Potassium EDTA
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells: Transport 1.5 mL serum or plasma. (Min: 0.7 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated or Frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Samples left ambient for greater than 1 day
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 day; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 year
|6 months - 3 years
||7.4 - 48.7 ng/mL
|4 - 7 years
||4.1 - 40.5 ng/mL
|8 - 17 years
||0.8 - 29.4 ng/mL
|18 years and older
||1.3 - 31.8 ng/mL
Lower limit of detection for Thyroglobulin by LC-MS/MS is 0.5 ng/mL.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2007078||Thyroglobulin by LC-MS/MS, Serum/Plasma|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.