- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), green (sodium or lithium heparin), or red (clot activator)
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. Remove particulate material. (Min: 0.5 mL).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens containing particulate material. Severely hemolyzed or heat-inactivated specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Indefinitely (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Combo Antigen/Antibody (HIV-1/O/2) by ELISA||Negative|
|0020284||Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) Antibody Confirmation by Western Blot||Negative|
If the HIV-1,2 Combo Antigen/Antibodies screen is repeatedly reactive, then the Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) Antibody Confirmation by Western Blot will be added. Additional charges apply.
Performed and Reported times indicated are for the screening portion of this test. Refer to Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) Antibody Confirmation by Western Blot (ARUP test code 0020284) for additional information regarding Performed or Reported times for the reflex portion of this test.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2006611||HIV-1,2 Combo Antigen/Antibody||56888-1|
- 4th generation HIV screen; HIV Ag/Ab combination screen
- Fourth generation HIV
- HIV 1,2 Combo Antigen/Antibody
- HIV Diagnosis
- HIV-1,2 Combo Antigen/Antibody