- Patient Preparation
- Tumor cells by Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Prepare FNA smear and Diff-Quick or equivalent stain by standard methods.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Two FNA slides (min: 1 slide) Transport slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply # 47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Slides with less than 50 atypical or tumor cells.
- Include cytology report. For a general FNA collection and smear preparation refer to ARUP's Laboratory Test Directory: Cytology, Fine Needle Aspiration Collection at http://www.aruplab.com/guides/ug/tests/arup014.jsp
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2006517||BRAF V600E Mutation Detection, FNA|
- BRAF V600E mutation FNA
- Thyroid FNA BRAF