- Patient Preparation
- Full intact tick, dead
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport tick in 70 percent ethanol in an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 tick) Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Dry specimens. Preservative other than 70 percent ethanol.
- Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2006503||Tick Id w/Reflex to Borrelia spp by PCR|
- Lyme Disease
Performed at Focus Diagnostics, Inc.