Qualitative Microscopy/Qualitative Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Full intact tick, dead
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport tick in 70 percent ethanol in an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 tick)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Dry specimens. Preservative other than 70 percent ethanol.
- Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Unacceptable
If tick identification is positive, then reflex testing will be added. Additional charges apply.
87168; if reflexed, add 87476
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2006503||Tick Id w/Reflex to Borrelia spp by PCR|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
Performed at Focus Diagnostics, Inc.