Limited utility as an indicator of deficiency as concentration does not correlate well with intake. Zinc, Serum or Plasma measurements (0020097) are best for assessment of deficiency over short periods of time. For acute toxicity, Zinc, Urine (0020462) may be a more reliable indicator of exposure.
Quantitative Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emission Spectrometry
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Royal Blue (Trace metal-free; EDTA)
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate cells within 2 hours of collection. Transport 2 mL RBCs in the original collection tube. (Min.: 0.7 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Lavender top (EDTA).
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 1 month
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
Performed at National Medical Services (NMS)