- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) OR bone marrow (EDTA) OR tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Whole blood: Transport 5 mL (Min: 1 mL) OR Bone marrow: Transport 3 mL (Min: 1 mL) OR FFPE tumor tissue: Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 4 unstained 5-micron thick slides (Min: 3 slides). Transport block and/or slid (s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply # 47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™or contact ARUP Client Services at (800)522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Whole blood OR Bone marrow: Refrigerated. FFPE tumor tissue: Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled containers during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Whole blood OR Bone marrow: Serum or plasma. Specimens collected in anticoagulants other than EDTA. Frozen specimens. Clotted or grossly hemolyzed specimens. FFPE tumor tissue: No tumor in tissue. Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer®) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). Decalcified specimens.
- For FFPE specimens include surgical pathology report. Tissue block will be returned after testing.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
FFPE tumor tissue: Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2006445||IDH1 and IDH2 Mutation Results||35474-6|
|2006510||IDH 1-2 Source||31208-2|
- IDH1 SNP
- Isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH) 1 and 2
- Isocitrate Dehydrogenase 1
- Isocitrate Dehydrogenase 2