This test may be ordered only for samples previously tested at ARUP and that are currently available for review by ARUP pathologists.
Block evaluation and selection for ancillary testing
Specimens from New York clients will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory, if possible.
- Patient Preparation
- Paraffin Block from a case performed by ARUP / Department of Pathology at University of Utah Hospital.
- Specimen Preparation
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Any case performed elsewhere or if there is not enough usable tissue in the block for requested testing.
- This test is for the selection of a block from a case performed, and blocks retained at ARUP Laboratories and/or Department of Pathology for University of Utah Hospital.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.