This is a process and hold test for bone marrow. Use when the clinical necessity of FISH is uncertain at the time of collection, so that CD138+ sorting on fresh specimen may be attempted and a pellet held for future FISH testing [eg, Multiple Myeloma Panel by FISH (2002294)].
- Patient Preparation
- Non-diluted bone marrow collected in a heparinized syringe. Also acceptable: Green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 3 mL bone marrow to a green (sodium heparin). (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Paraffin-embedded specimens. Clotted specimens.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2006271||FISH, Multiple Myeloma Process and Hold|
- MMP process and hold FISH