Preferred first-tier test for developmental delay, multiple anomalies, and autism-spectrum disorders. Testing is performed on buccal sample.
- Patient Preparation
- One buccal swab using the Oracollect collection kit ensuring the sponge tip does not come into contact with any suface prior to collection. Donor should not eat, drink, smoke or chew gum for 30 minutes before collecting oral sample.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport Buccal swab in ORAcollect Collection kit (ARUP supply #49295). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimen exposed to extreme temperatures. Specimens collected in or by any specimen device other than indicated.
- Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 1 month
Counseling and informed consent are recommended for genetic testing. Consent forms are available online at www.aruplab.com.
Refer to Statement C under Testing Information at http://www.aruplab.com.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2006268||Cytogenomic SNP Microarray Buccal Swab||62375-1|
|2006269||EER CMA BUCCAL||11526-1|
- genomic microarray, oligo-SNP array